P.S. Pump ?

MonteNH

Yes it will, Phil.

I installed a factory power steering pump out of a junked '70 with a 350. I got a pair of factory Big Block brackets from Leo, although aftermarket brackets are also available from several suppliers. You may also need a different crank pulley unless you have a spare groove now. Sounds like your car may already have a power steering gear box. Mine didn't so I used one from the same small block '70 after putting a new seal kit in it.

The only difficulty I encountered was getting the correct new supply hose (high pressure side). Advance Auto had the incorrect number in their system. I finally got the original part number from my GM Assembly Manual which they cross-referenced to another hose that fit perfectly. Let me know if you need that number and I will look it up for you. I custom made my own return line (low pressure side) from new hose and used fittings.

You probably know to slowly turn your steering wheel completely from lock to lock about 5 times when you get your system installed and filled with fluid. That squeezes the air out and eliminates any jerking or squeeling. Fittings have to be very tight to avoid leaks.

Here's a link to my project album:

http://s912.photobucket.com/albums/ac329/dbengtson4/Installing%20Factory%20Power%20Steering/

As you can see in this photo, mine bolted right up and was compatible with the positioning of my Classic Auto Air compressor. Everything works beautifully and has made my car tons easier and more fun to drive. Good luck with your project!

Step22.jpg