MSD and HEI

72 LS5

I've got a second-hand MSD6AL box that I want to throw on.

It appears I have to get a kit for HEI that includes an ignition module per some installation instructions I found online.

Anybody have tips or advice for this installation? Fairly straightforward? Outside of the rev limiter, do you guys really see any difference with an MSD?

Do you have a four prong module in your distributor? If so then it is a pretty straight forward install per the instructions. Just pull the module out and wire as shown. My Crane HI-6 box installed the same way with my old engine that had a an Accel HEI(four prong module). Worked great for years!

I didn't see really performance improvment but the rev limiter was nice and the car seemed to run smoother on initial start up especially when it was cold outside. Your idle my be smoother also.

I have a 6al that I'm going to install this winter with a 2 step rev limiter add on box so I can leave off the line lock ala Crazy Dave's setup. The install will be pretty much plug and play as I have an MSD e-curve distributor.

David