New best ET on the way ... I hope

TommyP

David, I think it's the same one that you have #coa-20320-2, should end up with about 3500 stall and they say it's very street friendly so I like that. I sent the car specs to them about a week ago. This weekend when I saw it was on sale I felt like I had no choice but to call and order it....ha ha

Yep I have the same one. Your gonna love it. Feels totally stock on the street but at the track.......hang on! Best part is should you make any major changes you can send it back for a re-stall. I think your gonna see some deep 12's when it is all said and done. Did deal with Craig? He is a hoot to talk with!!

Congrats on your purchase!!

David

Looking forward to getting it that's for sure! The guy that emailed me back was Art Reed,but the guy that I talked to on the phone said his name was Walker. He said to give him a call and let him know how it works when I get it in. Seems like very good people to work with already. Like Pro Systems is.

I put a cooler on it a long time ago but I'm not sure of the brand, I think it might be a Summit Racing one. I have to look but I think that it runs through the radiator also. Hopefully that will be enough. Do you run a temp. gauge for the trans. fluid?

I put a cooler on it a long time ago but I'm not sure of the brand, I think it might be a Summit Racing one. I have to look but I think that it runs through the radiator also. Hopefully that will be enough. Do you run a temp. gauge for the trans. fluid?

Don't run a temp gauge but a I have a B&M cast aluminum deep pan on the transmission. I run Amsoil transmisson fluid. After a long drive or a pass down the strip I will grab the cooling lines and the are never hot. The fluid is nice and pink with no signs of being overheated.

When I pull the converter this winter I will change out the fluid and filter just as a precaution.

David

I was wondering about running type F fluid. I had the transmission rebuilt several years ago and I'm pretty sure the guy that did it told me to use Type F fluid in it. I should change the fluid when I put the new converter in. Is there any way to tell by looking at it what type of fluid is in there now? Probably not a good idea to mix the different types together is it?

I was wondering about running type F fluid. I had the transmission rebuilt several years ago and I'm pretty sure the guy that did it told me to use Type F fluid in it. I should change the fluid when I put the new converter in. Is there any way to tell by looking at it what type of fluid is in there now? Probably not a good idea to mix the different types together is it?

no way to tell by looking at it...that's really all regular B&M Trickshift is (type F) and they dye it blue...as far as the syn it has better heat capibilities. I'm using Redline type F racing..it's spendy but you don't change trans fluid all that often. The Redline racing also contains nothing that will cause slip on clutch surfaces and syn does not varnish like regular fluids with hi temp...type F came along when Ford was having problems with soft shifting in their trans'....