Vinyl Top

70 Iron

Just to pass this along for anyone thats thinking of buying a factory vinyl top,I received the special made (because its blue)top from Kee tops and its correct in grain,color and seams.They said it would take 3-4 wks and I had it in 2. I placed it on my other monte to see how it fit and they give an extra 2-3 inches all the way around for you to trim to fit.The seams are already put together and its all in one piece.

It will be a while before I'm ready for it but wanted to have it when the time comes. Looks like a very good quailty.

The stock colors ,Black/White were priced at 225 + s/h mine was more because of a non stocked color.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

If you plan on storing that vinyl top I would roll it up. If you store it folded up it might show when you install. Go to a carpet store and ask for the round tube that the carpet is on. They always seem to have them laying around. Perfect diameter to fit the vinyl top in side. Are your trunk seams in the right place on the vinyl top? They should be right over the seam where the quarter panel and the trunk panel meet. Most Manuf. put them where the Chevelle seams go.

Great idea Carl,right now its laid out flat in a seperate garage with all the trim ,bumpers ect where the monte is kept in and not in the way.I unfolded it right away when I got it .

The seams are correct and at the place you mention.

Terry