1 3/4" headers

sparky

Hi everybody, I'm building a 383. It's a Gen.1 engine. It's in my car now. I am going to use A.F.R. heads, 195's. I am having a lot of difficulty finding a manufacturer that makes a 1 3/4" header for a Gen 1 small block chevy motor that will fit in 70 to 72 Monte Carlos. I guess they aren't as popular as Chevelles & Camaros. I need some help here. Thanks, Phil

110_1474.jpg

Schoenfeld 186MCM-3 1 3/4" with a 3" collector

They will work assuming the AFR's are a d port head. If not the 186M-3 will work with a standard port.

I have the 186MCM-3 installed on my Profiler 210 (d-port) The passenger side fits great but will not work with the factory a/c box. You will have to install an a/c delete box, still can use the heater, or a delete plate if you don't want or need the heater. The drivers side required a very small ding in the number 6 tube to clear the steering shaft. They fit nice and tight underneath but you will need to use a short oil filter. As you can see I had ball flange connectors (Flowmaster) welded as the headers collectors are just straight. The will work with straight or angled plugs. I had them ceramic coated with a thermal barrier coat inside. The rest of the system is Torque Tech 3" with X pipe with tail pipes. Mufflers are Pypes Race Pros.

For 179.00 bucks they are a great deal for off the shelf headers.

David

Chevelle headers are Monte headers. Same platform, but some manufacturers treat us like red headed step children.

Very true Andy with B/B but with the set-back of the s/b in the crossmember bigger primary header selection gets a lots more difficult. Usually you will have a primary tube interfere with the rear lower control arm boss on the passenger side. Not a problem with B/B monte's. Go ahead and say it" You should have put a B/B in it". lol

David