Power Windows and Locks - Got 'er done!

MCfan

Thanks for the kind words and feedback, Rod and others.

This is a pretty comprehensive project as I tried to portray in my initial project outline, So far we've only addressed parts of two of the fifteen topics. I will obviously incorporate what I have already writen into my project photo journal and possibly a Word document, as well. But ... there is much, much more to see and know about this type of combined project.

Because of the illustrated document Rainer shared (initially written for a Buick A-body installation), I was able to get through this project without too much difficulty, but there were a lot of details and Monte-specific quirks that I had to learn the hard way. So, my objective is to create a first gen Monte-specific, photo-illustrated project document that covers more detail and shows at least one successful way to do everything.

Since that will take some time (and I'm moving my Wichita household and SS Monte to Crosslake, MN in three weeks), I will try to address specific questions as they come up.

One thing that I discovered by accident is the potential for serious injury caused by those coil springs you see on the regulators, especially the power regulators. The only minor injury I incurred (a small chunk of flesh removed from a middle finger), was because I didn't first tightly secure the spring-loaded actuator arm when I removed the power regulator gear box/motor for cleaning/regreasing. It could have been very bad ... I was lucky! I will cover that in detail in the section on refurbishing used components.