11's on a budget

Andy's Auto

Again, no spray until next month..........

Going to get the drag shocks, Metco lower arms, new driveshaft, and roll cage directly after paint. Interior is just about done. Wait until you guys see the pimp setup the upholsterer did. Orange alligator over black leather with orange pipng and stitching. Suede headliner and a combo of leather, suede, and alligator on the door panels. I added a really good sounding NASCAR exhaust

I am going to get this thing in the high tens before the NOS kit goes on, but it will actually be an Eddy RPM kit. One day I will get back to the 65 442, just not today.

Don't sweat it Shawn, but it is real. Can't figure out how to get the vids my daughter took on my Mobile Cellular Smart Device, but I am amazed as anybody.

Car is ugly for now but it will be very nice shortly. Right now it lives as a Dale Sr tribute car with lots of rust. And a NASCAR exhaust.

542494_3347501300387_1654441601_2663187_

Still have the orange 81 505 car. It walled off mid 9s on spray and all this LS stuff fell into my lap. Bought an 03 3500 Express, pulled the drivetrain. Sold the body for $700 and the tranny for $1600 installed. I paid a grand for it and $1300 in my pocket and still had the engine. I bought the 78 last year and just put it away until soomething good popped up, like a 6.0.

No clue it would run this good. Haven't touched the suspension yet, but I have a full set of Metco lower arms, drag shocks, ARB, and just ordered the Eddy RPM nitous kit. The goal was high tens, but am rethinking that. Maybe somewhere in the 9s.

Andy - you are the horse-trading King!

This project should be in Hot Rod magazine - an article about something we can actually afford!

What's a ballpark price to get an LS to run with a carb?

I'm digg'in it Andy!!! Very cool, fast and on the the cheap. Truly a low buck, fast car. LS based engine have so much potential and it is very apparent ya got it figures out. Great job. I like me them old G body boos. cool

David

Andy - you are the horse-trading King!

This project should be in Hot Rod magazine - an article about something we can actually afford!

What's a ballpark price to get an LS to run with a carb?

Mike, after the buyout on the LS, the intake and ignition box is right at $700. I bought a NIB AED 1000HO for $300. The headers are Headmans I got from Summit for $388 shipped. The engine mounts were $76 well over 4 years ago. Glad I kept them.

Oh yeah, I sold the 305 HO that was in the Uglyboo for $500 minus the accesoroies. I sold the Qjet and T bracket for $75. I got $45 for the PS pump, and $50 for the distributor, and Thanh is getting the crank pulley gratis. I bought a very nicely done TH350 at Super Chevy for $350 and an old B&M shifter, and I had the 3500 stall laying around. The twelve bolt came out of that 400/400/12 bolt 70 Monte. I bought a rebuilt Eaton and a set of 4.10s off a TemChevelle guy for $350 shipped. To get the 12 bolt in took a set of relocation brackets on the uppers for $145 shipped and a $13 UJoint,.

I dis a oil pan gasket and rebuilt the front diff on the interior guys 03 Escalade that I lease to so he is going PIMP on the interior. I gave him full creative control based on the proposed paint theme of Hugger Orange with black SS stripes on the hood and deck with blue pinstripes around the stripes. All the seats are done. Fresh carpet is in and the headliner is getting done now in two tone black and orangue suede. After the roll cage goes in the package trayand door panels are on deck.

Paint and body? A cool guy named Matt wandered into my shop withn an exploded rear gear on his 2001 Z71 truck. I just happened to have a nice 8.6 30 spline posi on the shelf. I mean come on, who doesnt? So I am getting the car painted for around $350 in materials. He has blocked the car four times so far. It will be way nicer than the 505 powered 81. But the biggest expense to far is a $600 Harwood cowl hood. Which flew off an broke the firast at power pass. Matt fixed that a few weeks ago.

Hustla? You betcha!!