Optional Trans cooler line locations

gprimm

Had a question on if anyone has routed the trans lines differently than factory. I am also going to run the line directly to an aftermarket trans cooler. Here's what I am thinking.

I am going to buy the coil of 5/16th line and bend my own. I do not want to route near the engine, so am thinking of a couple of options and want to see what other options there might be.

1). Run the hard lines alongside the frame rail to the front. Bending them around whatever needs to be cleared.

2). Running the lines (either trans rubber lines or hard lines) inside the frame rails. I would use rubber lines to the connection at the frame to allow for and flex in the short line from the trans to the frame.

Any thoughts? Just do not want them next to the engine and with the frame, I can run the lines right up to the front and connect to the aftermarket cooler without them being seen in front.

I did your option #1. I have not had the car running yet so I don't know if I have the lines routed correctly.

My lines went from the trans to the top of the cooler, exiting the bottom of the cooler to the top of the radiator and then out the bottom of the radiator back to the trans. Not sure if this was the best way to run the lines, but that is the way I have them right now.