I need help with one wire!

patman

Guys, The wiring under the hood is a mess. I've got a good wiring harness to put in it though. Here's were I need help. The only wire that's cut on the harness I'm putting in is also cut on the one in the car. It's in the same bundle that the distributor, wiper motor, starter, and the oil sending unit. It's orange. According to the wiring diagram I have it shows that wire going to the blower motor, but doesn't show me were it connects. The blower circuit is completely different, it has other wires that connect to it. Plus, I don't see any place to attach it the orange one. The car ran fine and the blower works as it should with that orange wire not attached to anything. Anyone got a clue what it's for and where it goes?

Hey Pat, at first it sounds like you have an A/C engine harness..? The orange wire on an A/C car will be cut and taped under black harness tape. The wire on an A/C ends up transposing over to a purple wire via a in line supressor that bolts the the heater houseing and the plugs into the blower.. Do you have the purple wire and suppressor.???And is your car an A/C car ??

Darren.

Yep it's an AC car. The blower has the purple wire and suppressor on it. So the orange wire is for non-AC cars? If so, I'm going to remove it completely from the harness.

Hey Pat, yes the orange wire is void it is installed and cut short to a stub and buried in the harness...

Darren.

Orange was used on Non A/C cars...

Here is a wireing diagram Pat and notice in the middle it shows the orange wire cut and taped up...

Darren.

AC-1.jpg