Built sheet for Monte from Arlington (TX) plant ?

laurent

Laurent,

As you may have heard, assembly line workers were supposed to dispose of build sheets after using them to build a car, and by 'dispose', the plant managers meant 'in a garbage can'. Sometimes they were properly disposed of, and sometimes they were not which is why we find them today. Because somebody was either lazy or in a hurry 30 years ago and decided to shove them somewhere in the car they were building. So, they were put on top of gas tanks, inside door panels, in A-pillars, under carpets, inside seats, and so on. I've heard that each car had about 20 build sheets generated for it as it went down the assembly line so some cars had more than 1 found in them.

Some plants were more notorious about doing this than others. Baltimore-built cars frequently have a build sheet in them, for example. You have a car built in Arlington, TX which was a plant that went by the rules and build sheets out of those cars are few and far between. I can tell you that your best chance of finding one in an Arlington-built car is either under the sound barrier (between the tar and the sound barrier) or located between the sound barrier and the carpeting. If you go looking under the sound barrier, let me just warn you to scrape that barrier up easily.

The second most common location to find them on Arlington cars was on top of the gas tank, but Arlington cars just don't usually have them in either place. I guess what I'm saying is don't get your hopes up too high.

Regards,

Nate