wiring ?s

2 cents

Ok, new custom dash ready to drop in. dash side is wired with plugs now I need to wire in the plug for the car side. Here's apic of the dash. http://m.flickr.com/photos/shop2cents/8109217387/lightbox/ can't tell but the color is black cherry, like the rest of the car will be.

Question is can someone tell me the wire colors that enter the plug at the circuit at the back of the gauges?

What I have & correct me if I'm wrong.

Tan- gas gauge

dark tan- brake warning light

Pink-seatbelt warning light

Brown-gen warning light

Green-high beam

Light blue pair-left turn signal

Dark blue pair-right turn signal

Dark blue single- temp warning light

Dank green-?

gray-dash lighting

Not worried about any of the idiot lights, new sensors & all that but I want to eliminate all the useless wires while I'm there. I have searched online&the forums but perhaps I'm not using the proper search terms. Any help would be helpful. Thanks!

Jason, I don't know if the '72 Monte has exactly the same wiring configuration as the '70 but here's a link to the 1970 Monte Wiring Diagram Manual:

http://s912.photobucket.com/albums/ac329/dbengtson4/Wiring%20Diagram%20Manual/

I believe each of the wires are identified with a color abbreviation that is fairly easy to figure out. Hopefully, you can find the connector you are looking at and decifer the wire colors and purposes. If you need any/all of these pages as an original photo file that will print larger just send me a PM with your email address and I'll send them.

2 Cents

This is what the wiring diagram in the GM service manual looks like to me (pages 12-71 and 12-72). You are correct. 1972 was the first year for the seat belt warning system on the M/C.

Tan- gas gauge "Yes"

Dark tan- brake warning light "Yes"

Pink-seatbelt warning light "Yes"

Brown-gen warning light "Yes"

Green-high beam "Yes - light green"

Light blue pair-left turn signal "Yes"

Dark blue pair-right turn signal "Yes"

Dark blue single- temp warning light "No - Oil pressure warning"

Dank green-? "Temp warning - Dark green"

Gray-dash lighting "Yes"

And that's my 2 cents.