454 pump to Carb fuel line

gronlit

All, I ordered a new pump to carb fuel line from inline tube, pn cme7002 " 1970 Carb Line 454, 4bbl Long Fuel Pump". it came as a 3 piece set, but my engine only has a single line that doesn't match any in the three piece set. I called and they said that is what they had listed as the correct line. I sent them some pics of my original line and they're going to see if they can match to any existing lines they have....if not they said they'd want my original line to try and recreate it.

So far their customer service has been really good, so I how they can find the right line...I was wondering has anyone else had this issue? I'm guessing its the same line used on an ls5 Chevelle....anyone here bought the correct line from inline, or somewhere else, and know the correct pn?

When you say you got a three piece line kit one of the piece wouldn't be a brass fitting like a tee would it? I've seen the 3 piece line kit for uses on Holley carb motors which it sounds like you received vs a single line for a Qjet please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep, that's what I received, minus the brass T....should here back from inline tomorrow whether or not they have the correct line...hoping someone else here had fit the correct line from them so I knew for sure

Let me know if you get a line to work. And where you get it!! My line was cut when I got my car. I bought one from "Right Stuff" out of Ohio. It did not work. They made 3 more lines, and none of them worked. Guess they don't see many SS Montes. From what I have surmised, the pump clock position on a LS-5 Monte is different from a LS-5 Chevelle. The first line I got was OK except for when it got to the fuel pump. The curve for the TCS solenoid (just off of carb) on the first line they sent me was right. After that one, they got worse. There was enough of my line left that I know the pump on my car is the correct pump. The last line they sent is on my car now, but it is not right at all. I may drive my car to their shop so they can make one. So, I believe the difference is at the pump. Hope this helps. BTW, your restoration pictures are great!!