eliminating the charcol canister under the hood

Hey all the guru's out there.Here is the 10k question of the year lol I bought and installed a ecc 72 gas tank. I bought the replacement vapor lines,but have not installed.Now i realize it would be nice to not have the extra lines along the fenderwell and the hose running acros to the pcv valve to carb.But i do not want any fume smell because my rec room door goes out into the garage. I have seen people say cap off vents and use vented gas cap. I could easily just order a 1970 tank and install that because i havent put any gas in,and i have another monte i will put back to stock when i restore that car or sell it off lol, but doesn't gas fumes float out of the 1970 vented cap? i don't want any smell at all.because garage is attached to tiny house and i leave the door open to heat and ac my garage lol i have seen people suggest using a lawn mower air filter on the end of tube that should go to canister. I have seen people say use a part they sell on www.396,com for a 1969 chevelle, small plastic piece that fits onto the vent tube that goes to front canister. I have my car looking super clean under the hood and just think not having the hoses hanging around would make it more of a show car. Let me know what has worked for you. There is a reward for the best answer lol and no it is not 10k lol

Basically any way you look at it you may have fumes. With the canister, the fumes collect inside it and there is a filter at the bottom or with the vented cap. No way to really guarantee no vapor smells. I would assume with the 70 tank and vented cap you would have less area for the fumes to come from as opposed to the canister.

I used the 70 tank in mine and have never smelled any gas fumes around it.