Custom Fuse Block Mounting

1970montess

Hello everyone, I've been visiting this site for a long time and finally joined. Y'all have some beautiful Montes out there. I'm building a 70' Monte SS frame off build right now. The body is on a rotisserie that I built and I'm at the point of smoothing my firewall, I bought a plate to weld over the existing firewall and I'm considering smoothing the existing hole where the factory fuse block was. My question is Has anybody relocated there fuse block under the dash or anywhere where the fuses were still accessible and the new harness wires were long enough to where you didn't have to extend them?

There are after market harness on the market. I used a harness that close to stock which mounts in the original location wiring001-1.jpg I have used another kit called highway series 21 which we mounted behind the seat of a 70 El Camino and smooth the stock location.

That looks good, I was thinking about trying to make a bracket to mount the fuse block somewhere under the dash and running the wires through the kick panel vent hole through the firewall under the drivers side fender. I just want to keep the fuses easily accessible. What do you think?

If I could figure out how to post pictures I would put them up. It might take me a little while but I'll get it.

Thanks again for all your help, hopefully I'll get it done before my 7 year old gets married! laugh