Duel 4 barrel set up.

Toppless72

I’m helping a friend prepare his ride for the season. He’s running a duel 4 barrel intake with two 650 Edelbrock carburetors. The linkage instruction sheet shows that it is to be adjusted so that both throttles open at the same time off idle.

When I used to run a similar set up, the front carburetor didn’t open at all until you were at about 20% open on the rear. It was a progressive linkage. I can adjust it either way but I wanted to get your thoughts. It’s just a cruiser -1962 409 Impala, no race car.

What do you think?

What brand of linkage are you running? The Edelbrock style is progressive with the option to open them at the same time. I would go with a progressive setup on a mild motor.

Good luck with it! They look cool!

The complete set up is Edelbrock including the manifold, carbs., and linkage fresh out of the boxes. The motor is a 409/360 hp "W" head with a mild cam to make it a bit lumpy at idle. It sounds very good when I crack them both open from idle but I think it should run on one carb. till you get up to 3rd or 4th gear. Then start opening up the second one.

He's running a 700r4 and 3:55 gears with 31" tall tires on 22" rims. (hey he's only 23 Y.O. what are you going to do? LOL) It does look really good. I'll post a picture soon.