been a while Chevelle post

CrazyDavey

well it's been a while since I mucked up the site with a Chevelle post so I thought why not... grin

I know there's a few guys here who also visit the Team Chevelle site so they might have seen my "killing tires" thread over there. It's a travel log about trying to get the car to hook again after all the cool track temps were gone. It's been quite a journey but I think I have finally come up with a wheel and tire combo that works for my car. Some of you who like to visit the track might find some things that may be interesting to you, I just wanted to share my experiences with the whole thing. If you're bored and have nothing better to do here is the link to the thread...it's 22 pages worth now so you may want to skip though some of the off topic banter..my latest results and vids are at the end, I think page 21...cheers...

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463802

grin

What's up there Dave? I have been following the thread over on TC. Interesting stuff. You have done a bunch of trial and error and it looks like you have come up with a good combo. I don't have any issues cause I'm not making stupid power like you. grin. When I decide to try slicks I will use your data developed during your testing.

Keep up the great work!!! BTW I have the car ready to go on Drag Week. Just need to change the oil, check the lash and do a bolt check to make sure nothing falls off!!! rofl

David

I know you have been ripping it up this season. You will do well Dave.

I have been trying to get to the track but the weather has not been cooperating and work has just been off the hook. The car is ready though. Took it on a 200 mile drive in the heat of the day, back roads in town driving and then a 60 mile blast down I-75. Car never ran hot. Craig and the guys at Coan did a great job on the re-stall. Who would thunk that you could drive a 4900 stall converter on the street /highway. LOL

Take care,

David