LS1 swap questions

ss4ever

Hey all I have been really enjoying this LS1/T56 swap that I have done in my 72. I am pulling in 18mpg with a good mix of highway driving and some hard thrashing on the back streets around here. As of today I have put just over 2300 miles on the car so far this year.

Upper radiator hose/radiator. I used my stock radiator and used a cheap Ebay flexible metal hose for a upper hose and modified a stock small block upper hose to work for my lower hose. On this LS1 the thermostat is in the lower hose which means I am feeding the radiator backwards, this way allowed for the easiest hose hook up. What is everyone else with an LS swap using for a radiator and hoses? I am not fond of the fact that if I happen to loose a little coolant I could starve my engine for coolant.

AC: My car originally had AC and I would like to restore that option(been very warm lately). What has everyone been doing to put AC on their first gens on the cheap without cutting up the frame to mount the factory LS compressor?

Cruise Control: I would like to ad this option to my Monte, any tips on adding cruise to my LS1 in my car?

Thanks for the help everyone!

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Dakota Digital for Cruise. They make one to fit our Monte's for around $300 with the controls on the turn signal lever. This is what I found out today at Good Guys Speedway Nationals today.