tire and wheel size

Going to buy new tires and wheels for my 71 Monte. Here's what I think I'm going to do. Front 245 60 15 on 15x7 4" bs. Rear 255 60 15 on 15x8 5" bs. I think it should work, so let me know what you think. Thanks, Paul

A lot of combinations will "work" but if you are running 15"x7" rims, I would recommend 235/70R15 or 275/60R15 if you want to maintain fairly stock speedometer accuracy. This is as close as you will get to the overall diameter of the stock bias ply tires the car came with unless you want to go with 215/75R15 but that is a fairly skinny tire. I have 225/70R15 and will switch to 235/70R15 when comes time to replace to get better accuracy.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Going to buy new tires and wheels for my 71 Monte. Here's what I think I'm going to do. Front 245 60 15 on 15x7 4" bs. Rear 255 60 15 on 15x8 5" bs. I think it should work, so let me know what you think. Thanks, Paul

Click this link... http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=197478#Post197478

Plenty of reading of people's wheel and tire choices...even has pictures... smile