Eastwood's Black Friday sale

MCfan

Eastwood's Black Friday sale lasts until midnight 11/30 and features free shipping on orders over $50 with some exclusions like heavyweight items. However, they are also offering some great deals on their Eastwood welders and plasma cutters and some of them include free shipping as well.

I've been planning to get a DIY level MIG welder for a couple years now and was pleased to see the many positive reviews for the Eastwood MIG 175. It welds mild and stainless steel from 24-ga. to 5/16" and aluminum from 14-ga to 1/4". Even experienced welders seem to like the infinitely variable voltage and wire feed speed features.

For Black Friday, Eastwood is offering a kit with the MIG 175 that also includes a free spool gun for welding aluminum, a welding cart and an auto-darkening helmet for $599. That's a savings of $60 over the combined prices plus free shipping and no sales tax for at least another $100 in savings. I decided not to pass it up this time.

The kit also comes with a regulator and two spools of wire. I added a spool of flux core wire, gloves, pliers, replacement nozzles and tips and a spot welding kit. A major consideration of this welder is that it requires a 220V power source but that's not usually a difficult problem to solve if there is room in the breaker box. Mine is full but I plan to share the 40A breakers for my garage heater that I never use.

Looking forward to finally being able to weld steel and aluminum with a MIG welder.

Dennis we got the Eastwood plasma cutter last year used it one time(go figure buy something you can use for sheet metal repair and no work). The plasma cutter comes with a 220 to 110 plug which is pretty nice. The spool gun is wroth the cost alone as they sell for close to $200. The plasma cutter works good nothing bad to say about. Take a look at the Lincoln 175 MIG pack as the Eastwood is pretty close to the same welder.