non-GM front buckets

monte0

Since stock GM buckets are way to expensive rebuilt or stock I decided to go with a different bucket. I found a set of 90 mustang GT buckets in black leather in great shape with power lumbar support and reclining. The price is cheap but one thing I noticed is the seat sits pretty low even with the track bolted on. I would How much of a issue it would be to adapt these to my monte height wise without making it look odd? Picture below of what they look like

lrs-9091cvca_8089_zps86cca358.jpg

I bought a box of thick 2" dia washers at Home Depot. They may have a large center hole, but they work good at spacing the seats upward. I ended up with somewhere around an inch thick stack at each corner, maybe more. Once I had the right height dialed in, I made some "better looking" 1-piece spacers of the same height from aluminum.

In a pinch you can wrap the washers with tape and they don't look so bad. Oh, don't forget to get some longer bolts, too. You will find that as the seats go up, you gain legroom. It's nice but you find out quick that the ceiling is pretty low.