Bench Testing Gauge Cluster

MC-71

I have my round gauge cluster completed. It is not in the car. I can get the gauge lights to come on to clock, speedo and tach. This is using a ground to the metal case and a positive to 12V. This is at #2 Gray wire on the connector. I can't get the fuel,temp and amp lights to come on through that gray wire. The socket and bulbs are all new and if I jump those in question they do come on. These gauges are OEM and have always been in my Monte. And no I did not use LEDS. I keep looking at our traffic lights and seeing so many are blown out. I just don't trust them.

Only thing I can suggest is ohm out the traces on the curcuit board. The trace may be open some where and the only way to find it is to ohm it out and it should be pretty easy to visually see where each trace goes.

All the bulbs work. I did test each bulb in the holders. I think once I install it into the dash with all the grounds hooked up it will work. I did a 70 Chevelle cluster a few years ago and it worked okay. Just don't remember like I used to.

Here is a little trick in how to get a 12 volt battery. Take two 6V dry cells. Run a wire from - to + and you will have 12V. Then when you need to test with 12V just run off the other - and +

Also the circuit board is new. The bulbs are L168

Carl