Motor Mounts

201fireman

Does anyone know the stock "height" for 350 motor mounts? I bought these and they raised my engine a lot (fan actually rubbed on the shroud). They have a 2 and 3/16" height from the base to the center of the hole. If anyone can help or send me the part number of the ones you used that would be great. Thanks

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptp-7-505

I noticed those are shorter also. They are only 1 3/4 tall but there is 2 5/8" between the ears so they would be 1/4" too wide there. Do you think that would matter? If not it would save me 9/16" in height.

Thanks for checking, I would appreciate that.

Todd,

Could you use a stock replacement with the lock http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Motor-Mount-Front/_/R-BK_6021107_0434790287

Can't remember your engine specs. I had these on my last engine 385 and they held up for seven years before the drivers side gave up. The locking t-bar kept the fan out of the shroud.

I have Moroso solid mounts on my current mill with a factory rubber trans mount. Trying to remember what mod #. Everything fits fine.

David

Those stock replacements are the ones I am looking at getting now. I was just not sure if the would hold up. I have a 355 that will be pushing around 450hp at the most.

I had a bunch of 1/4 mile passes and lots of street miles with the stock replacement mounts and that 385 made pretty good power. IMHO you will be fine

with stock mounts. No muss no fuss.

David