BluePrint Engines

ClassicJJ

Has anyone on here used a blue print motor in there monte? I'm considering one of there 383ci 420hp in place of my old 350. Just looking to know if their a good daily driver motor/ weekend beast. Please let me know of any of your experiences.

My neighbor put one in his 32 coupe. Never again he says. It never stopped smoking and never ran right. Within a 1000 miles he was taking it out and found that one of the ringlands was broken. This probably happened during assembly of the short block and neither Jegs nor Blue Print Motors wanted to warrantee it. They tried to say it was from detontation. It was a mess for a while.

I would recommend find a local machine shop to put one together for you. I would be surprised if there wasn't a good engine builder in your area. Maybe ask some of the local racers who they use.

A friend of mine bought a few Blueprint 383's for his air boats. One was delivered with stuck lifters and the other one had an internal knock. He just replaced the lifters in the one to keep from having to deal with the hastle and I am not sure what the outcome was of the one with the engine knock. I remember there was a lot of back and forth phone calls of questions he had to answer. This all happened within the last 2 years.

Mike