Installing a 4 core rad

V8Freak

So I've put a 4 core rad in my car, also I had too buy a 2 piece big block fan shroud, now my question is the fan shroud does not cover the entire rad which is still the same dimensions as my stock rad.

I'd say it covers about 80%, is this normal? It is aftermarket. Also what holds the bottom of the shroud in place?

Yeah....stock is about an inch small on each side of the radiator cooling fins. I know mine has no mounts on the lower side of the shroud. Not saying there shouldn't be.....but if they are needed mine has none.

My stock radiator has a 28 1/2" wide core, my shroud covers all of the way to the right side of the core and leaves 4 1/2" of core exposed on the left (drivers) side.

Ya that's exaxtly how mine is! I was like [you said a naughty!] lol, but a old school mechanic said that isn't abnormal, also I did check our 72 and it does have the clips in the bottom, I think they are generic I've seen those on a lot of old school gm's not saying there exactly the same but looks damn close. Also for the too rad cover/support I don't know exact names, is there a big block one that will work? I had too cut a few ridges away and use rad mount rubbers from a late 70's trans am that had a stock 4 core so that they'd for the rad properly, seems tight but you can tell I slightly modified it lol

20140922_225953.jpg

Sounds like you are talking about this piece ?

I believe that there are different widths, for different radiators this one is 30" wide where the tape is laying and is for a 28 1/2" core.