TH400 shift problems

Just had it rebuilt with transgo kit and new converter 2500 rpm stall (this is behind a pretty stout 454). I have played with the vacuum modulator to no avial.

1) When taking off at normal acceleration 1-2 shift you can't even feel it, seems to be shifting around 1200 or so.

2) When taking off at WOT the 1-2 shift occurs at very high rpms, I ran it up to 5500 and it had not shifted yet so I got out of it then lightly back into it and it shifted.

3) 2-3 shifts seems to be fine in either scenario.

4) No kickdown hooked up.....when crusing about 40-45 mph in 3rd, if I throttle about 3/4 it feels like it down shifts to 2nd, then will shift back to 3rd.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Check your vacum lines for leaks and kinks if there is a leak or a kink in the line it will make your trans do some crazy stuff, fluid level??? (not trying to be sarcastic)

fgmcc

Ended up putting lighter weights in the governor and now works great. I didn't know it but the guys on the chevelle forum let me know on a TH400 low rpm (easy) throttle shifts are done by the modulator and WOT shifts are done by the governor.

Yep thats the site....www.chevelles.com

I also own 2 chevelles so I check there often.

FYI...I like driving my monte more...it get more attention because people don't know what it is.

2300265_5.jpg

2300265_7.jpg

2300265_14.jpg