mcc front seat belt instal bench seat

dyermullet

71 monte carlo.  factory bench seat.  My car was missing the front seatbelts when I purchased.  I am installing the MCC three point harness.  I need help on the routing of the female part of the belt.  The only orientation I can find is to run it over the back of the bottom part of the seat and then inbetween the top and bottom seat halfs.  It doesn't seem correct to me, to have to go all the way around of the back of the seat.  I have been looking for an opening in the seat bottom to thread it through.  Does anyone have a picture of bench seat car how the center part of the belts route?

71 bench seats had 5 separate sets of belts, for the front three people.

I remember mine having 2 holes one for the right female lap, shoulder and center female, the other for the left female lap, shoulder and center male.

I didn't use the center belts at all when I got my 3 point system.

Some pictures:

post-76-0-52195700-1442967768_thumb.jpgpost-76-0-97491200-1442967778_thumb.jpgpost-76-0-61168700-1442967784_thumb.jpgpost-76-0-19393900-1442967788_thumb.jpgpost-76-0-49609500-1442967793_thumb.jpgpost-76-0-20448000-1442967811_thumb.jpg

post-76-0-90712300-1442968229_thumb.jpg

Just took and added this last one.

Picture the right (passenger) seat back, folded forward and the camera pointed at the only visible seatbelt item, (a white plastic guide) one for each side / belt set up.

Perhaps a former owner had the seats redone and never wore his belts so the shop covered the hole.

Bruce

Edited by stangeba

Thank you very much that is exactly what I needed.  My seats are missing the hole and the white plastic guide, where the belts pass through.  Your picture looks exactly how I assumed the factory configuration.  I decided to ask here before I just cut a hole in my seats.

The belt install was very straight forward. Only problem is the 4 bolts for the high mounted point, the bolts were not dimensionally to spec.  I had to run them through a die to remove the black oxide coating and correct the threads.  After that I was able to thread them all the way in by hand, no tools.  I am satisifed with the way they look. 

Tomorrow I will modify my seats and finish installing the female portion of the belts.

Thanks again.