heater wires.

Does the wires that go to the heater and relay above the AC do anything other than control the heater/AC? I am removing these items completely and need to know. Can I also remove these wires?

------------------

George Lines

George, Are you talking about the wires in the engine compartment that plug into the a/c box? I know that there are two separate plugs on that box and when you unplug them, the blower motor stops working. I am in the process of removing my a/c box and am going to try and figure out which wires I need to "jump" with each other to keep my blower working. Again, I'm not sure these are the wires you're talking about. Curt

Yes, these are the wires. I'm removing the blower motor/entire heater/A/C system and covering the holes with flat plates.

------------------

George Lines

There is a plate there with terminals on the outside, and what look like springs on the inside. This is a series of resistors that work like the heating elements in a toaster. It is this gizmo that gives you the different fan speeds, and it gets pretty hot. They install it in the box there so that when the fan is on, it blows air across the resistors to keep it cool.

Is there any place a person could find a diagram of all this. Unlike George, I would like to get this stuff replaced on may car. Someone has tampered with all of that stuff and I'm pretty well lost at trying to replace it. All the A/C stuff is gone but I would sure like to get the heater working.

Ron

Pulled out all wires, relays, resistors, heater box, everything. I found wires going only to heater/control switches/AC/AC pump. Pulled wires out of my 71 parts car and it had a lot of stuff not on my 70. I have no idea what this extra stuff on the 71 is. The previous owner had wires going everywhere, but some extra things looked factory.

------------------

George Lines

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by George Lines:
Pulled out all wires, relays, resistors, heater box, everything. I found wires going only to heater/control switches/AC/AC pump. Pulled wires out of my 71 parts car and it had a lot of stuff not on my 70. I have no idea what this extra stuff on the 71 is. The previous owner had wires going everywhere, but some extra things looked factory.

</font>

------------------
George Lines
I forgot to add that I had previously removed some wires from that loom and the retaped it, so mine was not exactly factory. The point is that wires to the heater can be taken out.

[This message has been edited by George Lines (edited 06-30-2002).]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wallaby:
If it won't start, don't ask us for help wink.gif</font>

Any wires that you are thinking about were no longer in that loom. The starter is permanatly jumpered and is operated from a solenoid located in the trunk which is where the battery is. HEI distributor was already wired from another direction. Someday you will get to see my Monte. Maybe even get to race against it if you are brave enough!!!!!!! LOL

------------------
George Lines

I tried to make my Monte look like a sheep (sleeper), but it just didn't work out that way. Maybe it's the massive exhaust system hanging underneath with 3.5" tailpipes and 10.5" M/T's on the back. You can also hear it thundering down the road. When I get it back on the road again, I'll bring it by your work.

------------------

George Lines

[This message has been edited by George Lines (edited 07-01-2002).]

<jumping up and down>

OOH OOH OOHO OOOH cna I have your Heater and stuff!? someone took it out of my monte, and I want it back smile.gif (he removed it with a sawzall and large hammer.. nuff said)

lemme know.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by George Lines:

Yes, these are the wires. I'm removing the blower motor/entire heater/A/C system and covering the holes with flat plates.

</font>

------------------

'72 monte w SBC 'nuff said.