Quadrajet spacer identification

G00b86

Hello All!

Just joined about a month ago after finally starting to dig into my dad's 1970 MC. Quick introduction, I am a mechanical engineer by trade, and a life-long gear head. My father passed away when I was just 17 (in 2003), and he left my younger brother and I a couple of his toys for us to take care of. I went away to college the following year, did what I could to preserve them at the time. It has been more than 12 years since any of them have run, but I have finally been forced to resurrect them and move them. My brother and I are both at a financially stable point in our lives where we can do what we need to get them back on the roads. I am more than comfortable with all aspects of this project. Most of it is just maintenance items and going through and updating the consumables. Gas tank has been hot tanked, fuel lines replaced, radiator is at the shop for a small repair, etc, etc. Things have finally started to gain some traction.

Now on to the vehicle. 1970 Monte Carlo, 52k miles on the clock, Sea Mist Green. While refreshing everything, I have been unable to find the build sheet but I know that I am looking at the original 350, most likely of the 250hp variety. I needed to send the quadrajet out for a rebuild, and bought what I thought would be the standard Lars gasket set of a Mr Gasket 56C, a Flepro 60731 plate, and a 56A. Turns out dad put a 70 corvette intake manifold on it without the hot gas passage, P/N 3965577. When I pulled the carb I was greeted with this phenolic spacer that I CANNOT match up with anything I have seen online. I would like to just use the compression gaskets I have and replace the phenolic as I am sure it has seen better days. Can anyone help identify what this is? 

Sorry for the long first post. If anyone can provide some insight I would really appreciate the info! Thanks again all for your help in advance. 

post-3958-0-52558600-1450127538_thumb.jpg

post-3958-0-94315300-1450127538_thumb.jpg

first... :W

for all your quadrajet needs I recommend http://www.cliffshighperformance.com/

he specializes in them and is a wealth of information on Q-jets

since that is a 1970, and if it was originally a 4 barrel carb engine it will be the 300 hp, if it was a 2 barrel originally it will be the 250 hp version

the most common place to find a built sheet will be between the springs and padding of the rear seat, sometimes the lower part, sometimes the upper part, if there is a "F" in your VIN the chances of finding a buildsheet are very slim to none, that will be a Flint plant built car and no buildsheets have been found in Flint cars

Thanks Sam! I will check. Yes, perhaps it is a 300hp motor, or he may have taken the intake and carb together to replace the 2bbl setup. Who knows what pops was up to. I will look into the VIN. I was disappointed when i dropped the tank and didn't find a sheet in top. Ill check under the rear bench.