RESTORERS - Build Sheet Codes

Found my build sheet under the drivers side bucket today. I kinda grabbed for it to hard and some of it crumbled. Most of it is still readable but some is just bits and pieces of numbers and letters. My question is, does anyone know where a person might find these code #'s so I can try to piece back what is missing? For example I can see the words Vinyl Top but I can' make out the option number beside it. The first letter is c I do know that. Another example, trans CDHF, which one was that? Would a Chevrolet dealer have info on this? Thanks Ron

If you have ordered the restoration package from GM by calling 1-800-222-1020, all the option codes are listed in this restoration package. It is a free package.

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ron, I also have a build sheet for my 1970 monte. I have recieved the restoration guide from GM and it has good info and dealer option codes, but it does not have the codes that you and I are looking for. We are looking for the assembly line codes in the boxes on the build sheet. When the car was being built and went down the assembly line the workers refered to these codes and put in the equipment that was coded in the boxes. These codes do not seem to be posted anyware. I have spoke to a tech at Paddock corporation who use to work on the assembly line and he gave me a clue to some codes that he recalled. If you know where we can get these codes please let me know.

Regards Richie

[This message has been edited by rlofaro (edited 06-14-2001).]

• 1 month later...

I used the Red Book for SS Chevys on mine. It worked pretty well. Some things not listed (like the window antenna) in the MC section were in the Impala section. I have also used the ID Number guide for Chevelles and ElCaminos. Basically, for the most part, 1971 codes are universal.

In terms of the cracking, I used this decoupage stuff I found in a craft store to glue mine back together and attach it to a piece of cardboard. There's a popular brand called Mod Podge, and some others. They are very similar to the stuff you glue jigsaw puzzles together with. Using the numbers in the corner and a ruler, I managed to reassemble all of the pieces that had a line or number on it, with the exception of the pieces still stuck under the spring. Good luck! I hope you like puzzles! (Perhaps I should start a build sheet restoration business)

------------------

Charles and Celeste (but usually Celeste)

[This message has been edited by CnCsMC (edited 08-02-2001).]