Alternator Upgrade

I found a good place in Dallas for upgraded alternators. (Place called AlterStart.) They take Delco bodies and rewind and rebrush them to make 135 amps. Shipped to me for $106, including a new 2ga lead to red batt. These alternators are self-regulating and self-exiting, and fit exactly like stock ones. Nice polished case, new fan and pulley.

I haven't made all the upgrades that will eventually draw down the current, but I should be covered! If anybody is interested, I'll look up the phone number and website (don't have it handy).

Hey Hey

Red I woukd like that web address I am a long way from doing any of that yet but I want to know were to get the best price

Dave

------------------

mvc050s.jpg.w180h135.jpg

Datadave, here is the stuff on that alternator place:

Alterstart Systems, Inc.

4919 W. Davis St.

Dallas, TX

214-330-5900

Attn. Bill

4alterstart@aol.com

It is very easy to convert to the one-wire, higher amperage alternator. I would go ahead and do it!

DATADAVE- Are you going to leave it BLUE? Im prejudiced you know, code 26 and 11. Jerry

[This message has been edited by 40model (edited 03-10-2003).]

Hey Hey

No it not going to be Blue the color I wanted is out of my price range it was a Housr of color (from what info I can find they say to use all house of color primer to color so that out) but we found another color that close it on a 2003 Mazda Protege called Spicy Orange Mica Only chrome I am going to leave are the front and rear windows and maybe the door handles

Dave

------------------

New-Monte-left-side-copy.jpg?dc=4675411196905545001

I wish my parents saw a pic of your car, maybe then they would stop calling my car a wreck

------------------

• 69 custom camper/cst 10
  • 70 monte carlo
  • 73 chevelle 4 door

deluxe"kermit": no carpet(rubber floor) no floor, no trunk still drives (D.Ot'd finally)

• 74 cheyenne super 20 454 SOLD frown
  • 77 fully loaded silverado

that my Grandpa gave me

• 1980 BMW 320i(at least it isnt Japanese)
  • 1981 ford f150 4x4
  • 1972 Honda ct 90 trailbike

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)

ek_3.jpg

AHH Hooter you soung like my Parents and this is the second one and the second time around and the last I HAVE TO COMPLETE THIS ONE COME --LL OR HIGH WATER LOL LOL

Dave

------------------

Hey Hey

George thank for the sweet but we will get there ! with the nice day we had today we did some work on it today

Thanks

Dave

------------------