Upgrading wipers

Gavin

Is it possible to upgrade the wipersystem with a newer type? What I found is that the existing wipers are not firm enough when it comes to serious rain. Also there's no interval; there's only slow or fast wiping. Anyone?

There is a spring under the wiper arm, visible from the inside of the car, that holds the wiper against the window. My arms have an adjustment on that spring. Maybe you can find some like this at the auto parts place. The adjustment helps keep the wipers on the glass in driving rains at near 120 MPH. (I tested them at the carwash).

The parts house should also have a retrofit wiper delay kit, but the one I had required the wipers to "park" before it would wipe again. The Monte wipers (at least mine) park so dang slowly...

Man that must be one awesome car wash; does it have the staging lights? It has to be at least a quarter mile to make 120 MPH eek.gif I know I would have one of the cleanest cars in town, cool.gif washed at least three times a day. Is this car wash seasonal or open year round? confused.gif

You know I could not resist that one.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wallaby:

The adjustment helps keep the wipers on the glass in driving rains at near 120 MPH. (I tested them at the carwash)....</font>

------------------

My 1970 Monte Restore Pages

site1100.jpg

logo_org_pub.gifLLOYD@FIRSTGENERATIONMONTECARLO.COM logo_org_pub.gif

[This message has been edited by ADGTRUNKLID (edited 10-15-2002).]