INTERIOR - silver trim on instrument panel

Has any of you ever tried to do anything with the silver trim on the instrument panel and console. If so would you please share with me the solution. Thanks Ron

I have heard of using the hobby paint pen. looks like a regular magic marker but has paint in it. I am going to try that on mine. I met Adam at the SCS at indy and he used silver hobby paint and it looked really good. I recently painted the dash with plastic kote....what a difference. but now the silver looks bad.

well I'll look around in some interior fix it books.

Hi fixitforme,

Use the paint pen Charlie72 is talking about, you can buy them at Walmart or any hobby store. I painted mine with a pen and they look great. Just a little bit of advise though, take the burlwood cover off first. This will keep you from getting any paint on it. Hope this helps.

------------------

"Keep Driving Them MONTE's"

1972 Black Screaming MONTE

I tried the silver paint pen, but I went on kind of streaky. Instead, I got some chrome paint (which we all know is just silver), and a flat, and firm paintbrush. I sprayed some paint into the cap of the spraypaint, and brushed it on. It worked out very well and was a pretty close match. Good luck!

McCall72,

My first coat went on streaky, but I let it dry good then applied a 2nd and 3rd coat and it looked real good. You can get the chrome paint pens now, they work better than the silver. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks

------------------

"Keep Driving Them MONTE's"

1972 Black Screaming MONTE