Chevy's "Connect and Cruise" LS Engines + Transmissions

TrunkMatt

So, there is a lot of chatter about Chevy's "Connect and Cruise" component package for easy Engine / Trans swap in muscle cars.

Seems a lot of Chevelle's are undergoing the process.

Issue is - I can't fand anyone anywhere showing end to end details of this. Especially in terms of hours, mounting brackets, etc.

Anyone know what to expect?

With and LS3 Engine + Trans combo, complete electronics kit, + Warranty all for about $10k (after rebate)... this is tempting.

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/connect-cruise-powertrain-systems.html?&ppc=GOOGLE_700000001310127_71700000013666710_58700001097361421_p9939804917&gclid=CKj2t-yB0MsCFYjhfgod1cgAJA&gclsrc=ds

I helped my son in-law Jamey install an LS1 in his 91 Camero and the k member had to be modified to accept the AC compressor and also another mod to the K member for something else. When done it all looks like it came from the factory that way and most folks unless Camero guys do not know the difference. He just put Corvette heads with the sodium valves and had the head ported and polished, new intake and mass air flo thingy. Runs good but I am sure if I was up to it we could do the same install on my 72. Only hold back is money. :rofl:

Well, I'm at a decision point... as it turns out my oil symptoms are due to the block being decked and overbore'd a few too many times in its life, and nothing will ever seal right unless I go full custom heads / manifolds.  So the original numbers matched engine will get put to rest, and I might as well finish my "pro touring" setup the right way.

... and with that being said, my car is getting its 3rd engine swap in 5 years.  Nothing like spending $$ multiple times. At least I recovered part of the spend when I sold the 383 build i had in there for a while.  So really, it's just the original engine that's been giving me the Oiling issues.

I'll have a nicely built 700r4 transmission with only about 800 miles on it available after this if anyone is interested. If I am doing the LS swap, I'm going full electronic and getting the mated trans as well.