ENGINE - Warning: Edelbrock fuel pump

I just purchased a Edelbrock Street fuel pump. It will not mount on the motor while in the car. The bottom of the pump is too large in diameter to clear the cross member.

Not sure if anyone else has tried this yet or not. Mine would not fit with a 350 block.

Lon

I know first hand what you are talking about Lon. I bought one, and went to put it on, same problem, so i just put the stock one back on. I have been meaning to try again, but just never get around to it biggrin.gif

------------------

We who are truly brave will never live in fear...The Rock

1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Webpage for my Monte Carlo My Monte Carlo Page

monte_thumb.JPG

Damn Lon, that is one sweet monte. Every time I see it I just stare at it for a while...

Off topic for a sec...I read you have delta 88 springs on that bad boy...do you have them in just the rear, or do you have em on the front, too??? And from what year delta 88??

Thanks

I even tried the carter mechanical fuel(smaller than edelbrock) pump and i still had to lift the motor to install it. It was actually sitting on the frame. Put an electric on it.

[This message has been edited by Monteracer (edited 03-23-2002).]

uhhh ohhhh i bought an edelbrock pump six months ago hmmm time to break out the slight "major" adjustment tool. maybe dimpling the snot out of it will help?????

uhhhhh i hate set backs time for me to fidel with some stuff ..... what about shiming the engine mount with a piece of 1/4 inch steel might that work?

just a thought

alex

------------------

alex

gotta love a house full of parts soon i will be able to assemble it in my house......

http://www.geocities.com/alexs72fgmc

1985 monte carlo ss

1972 monte carlo

1971 monte carlo "parts car"

I had no problem putting on a Carter mech. fuel pump. It appeared to be smaller than the G.M. pump. Maybe there is different models. Fred.