What are these for?

I have these plastic clip things mounted to the front of my seat bottoms in the center (bench seat). What the heck are they for? I havent a clue, maybe seatbelts????

------------------

1971 Monte Carlo, 350, th350, black, black top, light sandal wood interior

1971 Monte Carlo, 350, th350, blue, blue interior

ACE VENTURA

1992 Camaro Z28 custom 25th anniversary, 355 TPI, Th700r4, 2.73 posi, arctic white, gray stripes with black border, black/gray interior

1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme, 350 Rocket, Th350, gray/gray

1967 Pontiac Catalina, 400, Th400, cameo ivory white, red interior

1979 Olds Toronado, 350 Rocket, FWD, brown, gold interior

2 other pontiacs 67 gp and 68 cat and a 83 buick Riviera

New addition: 1994 Chevy Beretta Z26

yea, those things are for the belts. I have the six-passenger belting and shoulder belts, and sheesh, they don't interchange, so you always grab three wrong ends before you find the one that fits your lap belt. Those plastic gizmos give you a way to keep the un-used belts organized. My car just has them on the rear seat. Maybe my front ones were lost...if it had them. They are plastic tabs that the female belt ends fit over.

[This message has been edited by wallaby (edited 09-17-2002).]

The seat belt that mounts on the roof is the shoulder belt right? Anyone have a pic of that so I know what it supposed to look like? Thanks.

------------------

1971 Monte Carlo, 350, th350, black, black top, light sandal wood interior

1971 Monte Carlo, 350, th350, blue, blue interior

ACE VENTURA

1992 Camaro Z28 custom 25th anniversary, 355 TPI, Th700r4, 2.73 posi, arctic white, gray stripes with black border, black/gray interior

1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme, 350 Rocket, Th350, gray/gray

1967 Pontiac Catalina, 400, Th400, cameo ivory white, red interior

1979 Olds Toronado, 350 Rocket, FWD, brown, gold interior

2 other pontiacs 67 gp and 68 cat and a 83 buick Riviera

New addition: 1994 Chevy Beretta Z26

Up through 71, I think shoulder belts were an option. I think 72 had them standard. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't a picture, but they are a long strap with a male end...there is a chrome wire clip that holds them folded over the door opening. The female end attatches to the floor with the same bolt that holds the other belts, and this end of the belt has the tension adjustment.

It all sounds great, but the shoulder belts fit poorly. I have shoulder belts in my other cars and never notice them, but this one is either too loose, or trying to saw my head off. If you adjust it tight ( as it should be) you can't lean forward to reach the radio.