Removing Rear Window Chrome

I am in the process of getting my Monte ready to paint. I have purchased some new rear window chrome to replace the chrome that is on the car now. My question is HOW DO YOU GET THE ORIGINAL CHROME OFF? I have tried every trick I can think of and have not succeded. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

"Keep driving them MONTE'S"

hey all there is a tool to remove the trim the chevy dealer has it or you can go to autozone or what not it is called window trim removal tool "beats me but they call it that" it may very from state to state on what the call it but it catches the clips that hold the trim in place and pops the trim off of the clip. well i hope this helps out or use the old style tool "walla the brick" but i doubt you want to resort to that lol...

------------------

Keep the Monte Carlo going strong run over the micromachine rice rockets that think there all that..... lets se em survive as much of a collision as our cars do hee hee heee

I'll be buying one of them there tools. Found out here with the past three days of rain my rear window is leaking. My daughter's baby dolls were all wet and the back seat as well. I really hate my brother in law right now. The groin only uses his garage when he has to change his oil but has a problem with me leaving my First Gen in there. He has keys if he needs to move it but he'd rather I not store her there.

Any recommendation on window sealer type stuff?

------------------

"She's a Monte Carlo and I love her"