INTERIOR - Removing rubber seal around door.

Okay, I will be the first to try this menu.

I am getting ready to remove the rubber seal around the door that runs from the upper door jam,under and around the inner door. It looks as though this is held on by plastic things that look like rivets. Do I just break them off or drill them out? Also, is the rubber around the door held in place with glue?

Again, this is the rubber molding on the door not the roof drip channel.

Just want to know what I am getting into before I get into it.....

Thanks

Lon

mine had the lttle plastic holders as well as glue in a couple places ans screws in a couple places too, to get the plastic things out i would recoment just pullting or pryinw with a screwdriver, as for the screws who knows how u could get them outi would try a big hammer :-) jk its easy just dont plan on puting it back on cause u ruin all of the plastic clips prolly.

Your new weatherstripping has the plastic clips installed (Since I know where you bought it, hehe).

Just rip off the old weatherstrip and take the clips that remain out with pliers. There are some screws (3 in front and 3 in the rear, I think) to take off which might be difficult to remove cause they might be rusted. Do not despair, just drill them out, your new weatherstrip set should also include plastic plugs to replace the screws... Good luck, it aint't difficult... smile.gif

------------------

71 Monte 383 "The Full Monty"

86 Monte LS ZZ4 "The Gray Mouse"

http://go.to/Monte

Member NMCOA, FGMCC

"It ain't a car if it's not a Monte"