Windshield Washer Pump - Delayed Wipers

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

On the way to the Western Meet I discovered that my windshield washer pump quit working.  I have an electrical pump that gets power from the switch to the connector but is dead beyond that.

I had replaced this washer pump early after purchasing car.  I rarely used the pump because I don't drive in the weather on purpose.  As I searched for a replacement I came across a pump that is designed for delay wipers.  What I am curious about, has anyone adapted this into your system and if so, what was the procedure?  I like the idea of delayed wipers and if feasible, would incorporate it into my system as long as I need to replace washer pump anyhow.  My wipers also are hidden but that comes from the wiper motor and should not interfere with pump function.

Here is the link to the washer pump I am interested in.  They are with & without the circuit boards.

If this is not practical, I will simply buy the washer pump without delay.

The Pump looks like it will bolt on my current wiper motor but am not totally certain.  Not sure what needs done with circuit boards but sure they are for the delay wipers.

http://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=DM90220%20%20%20WITHBOARD&d=11&p=2

70-83 Windshield Washer Pump (w/ delay)
1970-1983 Monte Carlo and 1973-1983 Chevelle, El Camino & Malibu NOS GM original windshield washer pump. Fits cars w/ delay wipers. Includes circuit board.

Note: For 1970-1972 Monte Carlo without concealed wipers, please see Part # DA90228.
Part # DM90220 WITHBOARD Price: $139.95

When it comes to expertise, I am lost when electrical is involved.  Any help/advise appreciated.   :)

Doug