Package Tray remove and install

Nygel

I haven't started yet but was getting ready to so I thought I would ask for instructions or tips . Thanks for any advice.

Do you mean the cardboard/vinyl covering on the sill under the back window?? Do you want to make a new one or get a repo?? or how it comes out?

Nygel,

It will sound like alot of work but not to bad. It is easier if the back window is out.

You must remove the back seat and both portions of the back side panels. Then the windlace along the sides and around the back window, then the inner sail panels. I think they call these ear muff panels. These have glue on them and are wrapped around inner rails that are screwed onto your inside roof frame. They will unwrap with a little care. Remove the two caps at each end of your rear filler panel. At this point remove any speakers or rear defrost covers and your package tray should come out. It's been a couple of years but it went something like this.

Hope this helps.

Vaughn

If you are careful, you do not have to remove the sail panels (ear muff boards). I just replaced the tray in my SS this winter and did not remove them. You just have to be careful on how you slide the package tray tabs behind the panels.

You may want to have some small pieces of foam to use as shims under the package tray to make sure that it stays level over time.

The sail panel muffs are attached with a little velcro patch in the center I believe in addition to the coat hanger hooks screwed through it.You can get the insulation that goes with the package tray. I have been told it's a good idea to seal the carboard before installing it otherwise if you get any leaks back there it will swell up and warp out of shape.