TC & flexplate problem

kc8oye

well as some of you might know, I've just put a brand new engine in my monte.. and on the test drive I noticed a VIOLENT vibration @ 3000 rpm...

I got it up on jackstands and let it idle, and just looking at the flexplate/torque converter, I can see them both wobbling back and forth a good 1/2 inch or so...

I'm just wonder what would do this.. did I get somthing miss-aligned when I bolted the two together? or is it maybe more serious and I may be looking at new bushings for the front of the tranny? (th350c trans)

WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got it fixed :> I just loosed all 3 bolts.. and then spun the engine over with the starter a few times (ignition disconnected) when I heard a 'thunk' and a change in the noise from the starter. then I used a prybar to put light forward pressure on the torque converter while I bolted it up...

however, I fear I may have done damage to the front pump. it slips *BAD* near idle. it's usually only in 1st, but if I hit 2nd at low rpm, I can feel it there too. *sigh* oh well. .glad I'm goin to a 700r4 soon.

The pump was engaged.. I never dis-engaged it. somehow I managed to 'warp' the flex plate is the best way I can describe it.. the engine seems alright... but like I said.. I think I may have trashed the front pump.

I'm gonna check with the trans shop and see if they'll sell me a new front pump assembly cheap.. if they will I'll swap it out and live with that until I have all the stuff to do the 700r4 the way I want to.