Trans builders

Reaper

Just wondering where you guys in Ohio get your transmissions rebuilt.... Guy that I have used a few times is getting on my nerves so I want to check into a few others if its possible...

Need a street/strip 4L80E done with a converter.. Thanks, Tom

I got mine rebuilt at Cottman Transmission in North Royalton, I just looked them up on line to see if one was near you but there are only 4 in Ohio...I thought there were more...confused

Anyways, I lucked out I guess because the guy who did mine lived and breathed transmissions. I have never seen someone who loved his job more...he did all their hi-performance builds and had a wall full of pictures of the cars he did (muscle cars and hot rods).

He told me to stop up the next day to see how it was going, I checked it out and was more than impressed with his skill and attitude towards his work... smile

I know this is too long of a hall for you but I thought I'd mention it.

Bill

Tom, you have Gear Star right there in Akron, OH. They are building me a 4L80, non eletric, manual shift only. Per the owner, Zach, it will handle 800hp at the wheels. All custom parts. They have other levels of 4L80's as well. - Dave

Tom, I was quoted 5 large!!!. That includes a Yank convertor which is almost $1000.00. The 300m metal input shafts cost over $2300.00 by itself. Per Zach, this thing should be bullet proof and they do offer a good warranty. Don't know it off the top of my head. I called them originally to order their level 3 200r4 which handles 600hp. After a lengthy, helpful, and insightful conversation with Zach, I decided to go with the 4l80. He is putting a 4l80 in his muscle car as well. Hope that helps - Dave