Seedo cable help!!!!

680HPStroker

Does anyone know of a source for the correct new speedo cable for a FGMC with a turbo 400? My car is a 72. I bought what was suppossed to be the correct one about a year ago and went to swap out the old burned and broken cable last night only to discover that my new cable has the wrong end for the speedo and is way too long. My original cable measures 58" +/- a 1/2". It was alearning experience getting the old cable out, but I got through it. Thanks.

Guest monte kid

Tamaraz Parts has almost anything we've ever needed. I'm guessing they'd carry that part. You can give him a call and if he doesn't have it then he could probably tell you where you could find one.

630-904-4500

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Orange Flame 72

Any tips on replacing the speedo cable? Mine squeeks at higher speeds and is most likely in need of replacement. Any tricks to the task? Thanks in advance...:)

The swap from a Th350 to a Th700 is remarkably easy!! other then having the driveshaft shortened by 6 inches, I had to make no other modifications!

the Th350 yoke fits the 700r4 output shaft, and is stronger then a stock 700r4 yoke smile this was awesome because I still use 'monte carlo' u-joints.. no special order junk!

I just slid the crossmember back to the rearmost set of holes I think... (I use a late 60's impala crossmember that bolts directly 2 the frame, no isolators) the speedo cable fit with no issues..

well, I did make one other mod.. I put an SFI 10.somthing approved flexplate with ARP bolts in while I had the old Th350 out.. my trans shop suggested it because they flex less.. and put less stress on the trans.

not to mention the idea of a flexplate exploding at high rpm isn't appealing. also the last two flexplates I've pulled from the monte had cracks in them...