Gas Tank

Guest Pale340

Guest Pale340

Hey all, the body is coming off the frame next week and while its off I want to replace the front to rear brake lines, the gas lines, and a new tank. So when it goes back together what tank do you all recommend? I want to put a correct one back on. I heard that some do not fit just right. Any opinions? Thanks in advance.

Chuck,

I had the same issue 2 years ago. There are apparantly two tank options; Taiwain and Canada. I spoke with Mark Tamraz at Tamraz Parts FGMCC members get a 10% discount. 630-904-4500.

I chose the Canadian tank as Mark had several reasons for it. With the 10% discount the cost difference for the apparent quality difference was worth it. he helped me I bought my brass 4-core radiator; got an american-made and have been happy with both. Here is the link to their EBAY store:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-1972...96418QQtcZphoto

George

I recently installed new lines and gas tank. Bought them all from Classic Muscle

http://www.oldmusclecars.com/

Lines all fit good, tank fits good but like in an earlier post, I said the tank (for 1972) has the wrong location for one of the vent lines. Will need to install a longer hose to get it connected. It is a Canadian tank and not sure if anyone makes it correctly.

2918129_150_full.jpg

2918129_149_full.jpg

I will send pics of tank later when I find them.

Carl

• 4 weeks later...

Yo Pale340, Have you decided on a source for the new gas tank? I also plan on replacing the tank on my 72 this spring. I would like to replace the fuel lines with stainless. Do you or anyone have a best source for these stainless fuel lines? Thanks, Rick

Alex, I looked at the "inlinetube" web site. Those prices look competitive with other companies. Would you go with their fuel tanks as apposed to the TAMRAZ tanks that gprimm talked about in the link above? It would be easier to order everything from one source. Rick