Hydraulic Clutch?

Just picked up a 4 speed for the my '70 402. I believe most of the parts for installation are available on Ebay and elsewhere.

Question: Since I have headers, are there any hydraulic clutch kits for a T-10 that would make installation easier? (worried about the z-bar) Any words of wisdom here? (still reading through all the posts)

Greg

I have BlackJack AK5000's (Aluminum Coated headers) on my 70 402 4 speed. Only issue was that I had to fab a bracket for the return spring but it was very simple. No other clearance issues with anything.

They are made by dynamax now. They have replaced the aluminum coating with ceramic coating. Summit sells them in painted or ceramic. $145.95 painted ( part number WLK-85110 ) or $329,95 for ceramic coated (part number WLK-86110 ).

You know, I saw those but assumed they might not fit since they don't explicitly list Monte Carlo (but due list Chevelle/El Camino)

Your experience says they'll fit then I'll pick them up.

Thank you,

btw..I received a response from Keisler about whether their very slick hydraulic clutch kit will fit a Super T10. They said "no...not yet anyway".

They are made by dynamax now. They have replaced the aluminum coating with ceramic coating. Summit sells them in painted or ceramic. $145.95 painted ( part number WLK-85110 ) or $329,95 for ceramic coated (part number WLK-86110 ).

I have the 86110 on my 71 Monte. They will clear the manual tranny linkage, but you will have to ding one of the tubes on the passenger side to clear the lower control arm mounting bracket... No big deal... smile

They must have changed a little over the years because I had no clearance problems with anything. Just had to make a litte bracket for the clutch fork return spring. I bought mine in 1984.