Update on my purchase

Skifoggy

Gtreetings all! After working through some driveability issues with the Monte Carlo, I am happy to say that I am getting close to having the fuel issues worked out. I had to drop the tank and clean out all of the crap, replace the sending unit, fuel pump along with a carb rebuild. The accelerator pump rubber diaphragm didn't really fit well and I will order an new pump today. The float bowls on the carb seem to drain out overnight and it takes a while to start after sitting. I will address that when I put in the new accelerator pump. I installed Headers this weekend and everything went way to easy. ARH is the way to go in my book. I do have a problem with the transmission linkage hitting when I tried to pull it down into first gear. Does anyone know if there is a modified bracket that would allow a little more movement of the linkage? Thanks!!! Jeff

Glad your making progress. I don't recall any issues on my 70 SS with a TH400 linkage and I didn't need to change any brackets. And yes I have the floor shifter, maybe someone can chime in with a 71. 

44 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Glad your making progress. I don't recall any issues on my 70 SS with a TH400 linkage and I didn't need to change any brackets. And yes I have the floor shifter, maybe someone can chime in with a 71. 

Thanks for chiming in Mark, Yeah, under the car when we were wrapping up the header install, I was really happy on how well everything went and the clearances, including the trans linkage.  I am guessing but there might be some adjustment in the linkage to allow about another inch or so of movement.