Level ride control valve question

overdrive

I have a 70 and the valve on the frame looks like it has been there since the car was new, but the valve looks different than the one on this site. Can someone get me a pic of their original, and what does the linkage between the valve and the upper control arm look like? Thanks for any help, Dan.

Valve on my car:

313090761.jpg

FGMCC site pic:

ss_liftsw2_small.jpg

Guest Wolfman28

Dan, The valve on my 70 looks like yours. The linkage to the control arm is about the size of a pencil in diameter and has a ball type swivel where it connects to the arm. On the contol arm it is bolted to the arm with a small nut.

air control valve 3.jpg

Same valve that is on my 70 as well.

I have a tag-along question...I've cleaned up and rebuilt my valve assy, except for refilling the oil. Anyone found an oil with similar viscosity to what was origionally in there, i want to keep the damping effect the same. I've saved as much of the origional fluid as i could, but its not enough to refill unit.

Gronlit, I don't know about the oil. I checked out your car pics and I think you're doing a great job! The plating on the compressor tank looks great. smile

Wolfman, your car is beautiful. The pic link doesn't work for me. I'll PM you.