Manual Swap

Could you tell us what you want to do with your car?

Drag Racing? Street?

Size of Engine? HP, Torque?

Transmission installed now, 350, 400?

Do you want overdrive? Rear Gear Ratio?

Do you have column shift or floor shift? Console? Do you want to stay all original or is modified ok with you?

Just looking for a fast street car

Engine will be a 350 with about 425 hp and 440 tq

it had a 350 auto

it was floor shift no console and modifing is ok i just want a manual that will last i was thinking a saginaw or t5 but need help deciding thanks

The T-5 manuals were build for much lighter cars will not last very long behind your 425 Hp small block in your 4,000 lbs Monte smile I do not know a lot about the Saginaw, but I have heard bad things about it...

What you probably need for that kind of horsepower is a Muncie, Richmond or TREMEC with the Muncie & Richmond being the easiest swap for an auto tranny... smile

I agree with Andreas. No T-5. If you want a 6 speed, you want a T-56 from D&D Performance. 10 times stronger, but get your wallet out. The Tremec TKO is a bit cheaper. The Muncie you could probably get even cheaper. Depends on what gear you plan to run, and how much highway driving you will be doing. The first thing you need to decide is do you need an overdrive. Big J

• 4 weeks later...

Chevy hi performance IT hink it was has an article on a company that sells modified Viper T56's for use in 'standard' sbc applications...

I'm interested in doing the same, but I must have an O.D since I expect to use my monte as my only form of transport very soon.