Tom's 1971 Monte Carlo

My 70 Monte built in Van Nuys had no smog crap on it that I remember. Now my 68 Nova had a smog pump hooked up the exhaust manifold. I know the Monte did not have the pump but it did have the charcoal cannister so I guess it did have some smog crap on it.

found this pertaining to my fuel filter https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149952

Makes me wonder if the engine is a 69 camaro (deck has been machined) or a previous owner thought it would be better this way.  I think I am going with not original to my car.

need to look at date codes on the exhaust manifolds.  one has air bosses and the other does not.  guy I bought it from said he broke one.

Man! Great start to a beautiful car! Be careful if you remove the gas tank you may have an original build sheet in much better condition between that and the floorboards! I had a 38,000 mile Texas SS and the almost white build sheet was still stuck between!

Jeff

1970 SS Black

• 9 months later...

I have found another car with my stile of fuel supple.   It is also on page 339 of the assembly manual.  air condition C60 6M-1

Here is a link to the car https://www.nsclassics.com/1971-chevrolet-monte-carlo-clean-bowtie-drives-great-factory-ac-car-see-video-c-1535/

Used-1971-Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-CLEAN-BOWTIE-DRIVES-GREAT-FACTORY-AC-CAR-SEE-VIDEO-1432747914.jpg