Driveshaft Loop Installed WHOOOOHOOOO!!

dbreese

Well the loop is in. Not to difficult but pretty time consuming. I had to remove the bucket seats, kick panels, and pulled back the carpet back. Underneath I had to unbolt the exhaust from the headers so I could move the pipes around. I held the loop in place with a floor jack and marked the holes. Drilled small pilot holes. Removed the loop and drilled the holes from the top. Installed big flat washers under the head of 1 1/2" Grade 8 bolts. Bolted the loop up and reversed the process. Came out real nice and the d/s has plenty of travel within the loop and the u-joint is within NHRA spec about 4" from the center of the loop.

Good peace of mind for sure. Now I'm ready to take it to the track and wail on it!! lol

David

Now that you installed it your driveshaft or U-joint will never break...it's Murphy's Law...except in this case that Law would work in your favor... wink

Bill

Now that you installed it your driveshaft or U-joint will never break...it's Murphy's Law...except in this case that Law would work in your favor... wink

Bill

Yeah but with the way my luck is I'd bust a u-joint on the first pass or...... during the burnout!!!!! lol Your right though Mr Murphy would be on my side.

David

i plan on just welding mine to the floor brace...

Hey Tim,

I would have done mine that way but I has some serious clearance issues. More than likely due to aging body mount bushings. frown

David

i was looking at mine tonight.. i think i'll be ok verticlly.. horizontall tho it's going to be quite snug..but since that end of the driveshaft doesn't move around too much, I should be ok...

i'm working on getting my new headers in, I need to shorted my exhaust pipes by about 3/4".. and i can't get the pipes to come out of the mufflers, so tomorrow, i'm gonna have to cut thru the muffler inlet with the dremel so that I can pull the pipe out...

i'm also going to take about 2" out of the pipe infront of the bends under the trans cross member, and splice it back in behind the bends.. so hopefully the pipe will quit rattling against the floor brace.