Trying to find original Dealership

I was lucky on my 72 it had the original California Registration in the glove when I bought the car in 2011. It came from a dealer in Anderson CA titled on May 30 1972. Thatr dealership is was  sold a couple of times. I did contact them(the present dealership) and one of the sales reps con tacted me and looked to see if he could find any info but unfortunatley there was none to be found.

Well…. No original paperwork, but I do have a few registrations from previous owners. I can start there I reckon.               Thank Guys! 

I do have the build sheet on mine in good shape too. I contacted the original dealer there are no records that go back that far. I also found an original registration from 78 I tried to find original owner but no longer at the address that's on the reg. But at least I know it is a California car and stayed there at least 7 years or so in its early life. The previous owner said the car came from Utah but no way to verify that. Good luck in your quest.